Lightning Bolt-on Axle – Rear 12 mm x 165 mm for Mavic Speed Release
This axle is specifically designed to only replace rear Mavic Speed Release thru axles. With a special thread, a “double lead-in” thread, this axle is proprietary to the Mavic Speed Release system only.
Our Lightning Bolt-On thru axles offer the highest quality, simple, lightweight alternative to that bulky handle.
Learn about compatibility with Hexlox security systems.
- This axle is designed to replace a rear Mavic Speed Release thru axle with a simpler, lighter weight thru axle.
- Lightning is Better. Our front and rear Lightning Bolt-On axles offer a stronger, more durable, lower profile and lighter weight option to replace your stock thru-axles.
- Low Profile. No more bulky handles to strike trail obstacles. Aerodynamic design.
- Light Weight. Our axles are internally bored to remove unnecessary material without compromising strength. 34 grams.
- Easy to install. Our matching front and rear Lightning Bolt-On Axles only require a standard 6 mm hex wrench for easy installation and removal.
- Better Tolerances. Manufactured in the USA to the tightest tolerances using aerospace materials and CNC manufacturing. No longer will your axle loosen while riding.
- Available Security. Learn about compatibility with Hexlox bike security systems.
This is NOT an axle for attaching trailers or trainers.
- The diameter of this axle is 12 mm and the true length of the axle shaft is 165 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×142 hub does not equal a 142 mm long axle.
- This axle is designed specifically as a replacement for the Mavic Speed Release. This includes a special “Double Lead-in Thread” which is only compatible with Mavic Speed Release dropouts.
- Weight: 34 grams.
- The axle is precision CNC machined in the USA from 7075 aluminum and hard anodized for rugged durability. Our axles are built to the tightest standards in the industry.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 6mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
- Learn about compatibility with Hexlox security systems.
Need more information about how our axles work?