Lightning Bolt-on Axle – Front 12 mm x 119 mm x Mavic Speed Release
This axle is specifically designed to only replace front Mavic Speed Release thru axles. The thread, a “double lead-in” thread, is proprietary to the Mavic Speed Release system only.
Our Lightning Bolt-On thru axles offer the highest quality, simple, lightweight alternative to that bulky handle.
Learn about compatibility with Hexlox security systems.
- Lightning is Better. Our front and rear Lightning Bolt-On axles offer a stronger, more durable, lower profile and lighter weight option to replace your stock thru-axles.
- Low Profile. No more bulky handles to strike trail obstacles. Aerodynamic design.
- Light Weight. Our axles are internally bored to remove unnecessary material without compromising strength. 26 grams
- Easy to install. Our matching front and rear Lightning Bolt-On Axles only require a standard 6 mm hex wrench for easy installation and removal.
- Better Tolerances. Manufactured in the USA to the tightest tolerances using aerospace materials and CNC manufacturing. No longer will your axle loosen while riding.
- Available Security. Learn about compatibility with Hexlox bike security systems.
This is NOT an axle for attaching trailers or trainers.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- The diameter of this axle is 12 mm and the true length of the axle shaft is 119 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×100 hub does not equal a 100 mm long axle.
- This axle is designed specifically as a replacement for the Mavic Speed Release. This includes a special “Double Lead-in Thread” which is only compatible with Mavic Speed Release dropouts.
- Weight: 26 grams.
- The axle is precision CNC machined in the USA from 7075 aluminum and hard anodized for rugged durability. Our axles are built to the tightest standards in the industry.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 6mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
- Learn about compatibility with Hexlox security systems.
Need more information about how our axles work?
- Review our instructions.
- Watch our how-to videos.
- Visit our FAQs page.
- View our Warranty & Returns page.
Fits my Cannondale SystemSix front wheel perfectly.
Florian (verified owner) –
Bought the axles for my Cannondale SystemSix, they look slick and are probably more aero than the stock axles. Plus they are lighter. All in all very fine craftsmanship.
Markku (verified owner) –
Bought this to my Cannondale SystemSix. Fits perfectly and looks a lot better than the bulky stock axel and saves about 20 grams of weight at the same time.
Andrew Cottam (verified owner) –
Fits like a glove. Quick and easy makes removal and install a breeze.
Ludo (verified owner) –
Fits perfectly on the front wheel of my LOOK 785 DISC. Is also light.
Sam (verified owner) –
I was having disc deflection issues on my Cannondale SystemSix and replacing the Mavic Speed Release axle with this totally fixed the issue. I also got the Robert Axle Project Drive Thru dummy hub which works so much better than my old Park version that was made for QR.
David Edward Barrientos (verified owner) –
Great product and it worked flawlessly. Thank You
Al (verified owner) –
I bought this axle and its rear partner to replace the very non-aero speed release axles on my new aero Cannondale SystemSix. They fit and work perfectly. And I am so much faster now. 🙂
Dr. A. Zellner (verified owner) –
Cannondale System Six: Lighter and better aero than the oem axle.
[email protected] (verified owner) –
Perfect replacement to the bulky Mavic Speed Release axles that came with my 2020 LOOK 795 Blade RS. I like the thought of the Speed Release, but didn’t like the weight and never intend to rapidly replace wheels. I was about to re-tap my drop-outs to standard 12×1.0 thread and then luckily happened to come across this site. Thank the good lord!! I feel privileged to be running these… I am grateful Robert Axle project decided to ‘problem solve’ bikes plagued (or blessed..sorry, trying to be nice) with Mavic Speed Release. LOL. Received quickly and impressed by the precision machining. Just in love. Thank you guys!
CJ (verified owner) –
Amazing product. I had an issue and stripped the threads to the thru axle on my bike. The sizing sheet provided by Robert Axle project made it super easy to confirm that I got the right thru axel for my Cannondale Topstone Carbon gravel bike. Came really quick and a high quality product!
Robert Gonzalez (verified owner) –
Great product! Fits perfectly and looks great. Customer service is exceptional. My order was lost in the mail and was quickly replaced. So quick to answer email and fix the problem without question. I eventually ended up with the lost thru axles and was able to get them back to them and happy to send back because of the excellent service and responsiveness
Anders Pyy (verified owner) –
Wilier Filante SLR front end now clean and tidy. And lighter and more aero. The axle sticks out about 3mm too much, but I can live with that.
Fits my Look 785 Huez RS disc perfectly!
Jose Espinoza (verified owner) –
Perfect fit, super lightweight and stiff as need it
The best upgrade so far for my LOOK 765 RS gravel bike !
Vincent Borg (verified owner) –
Absolutely perfect. Fits like a glove on my Wilier Filante and it solved that slight side play issue which I had with the mavics. Very clean look. Will get another pair for sure. Excellent service and very fast delivery. One suggestion if I may, more EU retailers.
Péter (verified owner) –
Fits my Look 785 Huez disc
Well made axle. Quite lightweight and the precision and craftsmanship is visible in the finish.
Also compatible with Hexlox, which lets you lock your nice bike with ease of mind.
Patrick (verified owner) –
Perfect. If you can believe it, I lost my front axle for my 2020 SuperSix (long story). Robert to the rescue. Better/lighter than the original.