12mm Thru Axle for Kid Trailer: Mavic Speed Release
This is a thru axle so you can attach a trailer to Mavic Speed Release bike. Robert Axle Project Thru Axles for Kid Trailers are designed specifically to fit your 12mm thru-axle bike and allow attachment of any two-wheeled, hitch-mounted trailer, such as Thule, Chariot, Burley, Instep, Carry Freedom and more.
Simplify your life by allowing quick and secure attachment of your trailer to your best and favorite bike. Share your stoke and enjoy the adventure!
This axle has a unique 1.0 “double lead-in” thread that ONLY works with the Mavic Speed Release system.
*Did you use our Axle Finder to find this product? That is the BEST way to find the thru axle that fits your bike!
This is a thru axle to attach trailers to Mavic Speed Release bikes. Since 2013, we have been an important part of cyclists’ adventures all over the world. Our thru axles have millions of miles on them on mountain bikes and road bikes, gravel and cross bikes, fat bikes and e-bikes, from all over the world.
Your stock thru-axle is not designed to haul your precious cargo – your kids, your pet or your gear! Robert Axle Project thru axles are specifically designed to handle the heavier load of a trailer behind your bike, and are 3 to 4 times stronger than the stock axle that came with your bike. Our stainless steel axle ends provide a safe and secure attachment point of the hitch to the axle. The axle is quick to install and remove with a common 5mm hex key, allowing ease for repairs or removal.
Our axles are designed, machined and tested in the USA, by avid cyclists, to the tightest standards in the industry. We safety test, to failure, every batch of axles we produce to ensure they exceed your expectations and safety.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Robert Axle for Kid Trailers replaces your stock thru-axle so you can attach a child or cargo trailer to your 12 mm thru axle equipped bike.
- This axle is compatible with Burley, Carry Freedom, Chariot/Thule, Croozer, Instep, and many more hitch style trailers.
- The true length of the axle shaft is 165 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×142 hub does not equal a 142 mm long axle.
- This axle has a proprietary thread pitch which is only compatible with Mavic Speed Release compatible frames.
- The axle shaft and axle end are precision CNC machined.
- The axle shaft is 7075 aluminum and hard black anodized for rugged durability.
- The axle end is stainless steel, which allow for mounting of the hitch provided with your trailer. The threads are M10x1 (metric).
- Hardware for attachment of the hitch is included; the hitch is not.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 5mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
Need more information about how our axles work?
- Review our instructions.
- Watch our how-to videos.
- Visit our FAQs page.
- View our Warranty & Returns page.
7 reviews for 12mm Thru Axle for Kid Trailer: Mavic Speed Release
You may also like…
Lightning Bolt-on Axle – Front 12 mm x 119 mm x Mavic Speed Release$ 42.00 Add to cart
12mm Thru Axle for Trainer: Mavic Speed Release Rear Thru Axle$ 54.00 Add to cart
Drive Thru for Mavic Speed Release$ 35.00 Add to cart
Lightning Bolt-on Axle – Rear 12 mm x 165 mm for Mavic Speed Release$ 48.00 Add to cart
Spence (verified owner) –
This axle is exceptionally well made. Fits perfect, feels super solid, holds trailer steady. Shipping was fast too. Great product!
Jan (verified owner) –
Extremely fast delivery to EU. Axle fits perfectly (chosen using axle finder). well made. 10/10
JF BALLION (verified owner) –
Noticeable prompt delivery to France ! Fits as expected thanks to axle finder.
Andrew (verified owner) –
Fast delivery. Well made and can’t even tell the difference between my true axle and this one.
Lukas (verified owner) –
Perfect fit. Fast shipping (Switzerland). Axle finder helped identifying the right model easily.
Todd (verified owner) –
Great product. Worked as it should. Seemed to be built from quality materials and is working flawlessly. I found the price to be high although similar products from other manufacturers were similarly priced. Axle finder was huge help. I would recommend.
David Franklin (verified owner) –
Great! The axle fitted perfectly. Living in Sweden, ordered on Tuesday and got it on Friday. That’s about as fast as it gets!!! A really good experience shopping at Robertaxleproject!