Lightning Bolt-On Axle for NAILD fork – 15 x 100
Our Lightning Bolt-On thru axle replacement for NAILD axles are a high quality, lower profile, simpler alternative.
- Includes a threaded replacement nut, to replace the NAILD nut that came on your bike.
- This axle is designed for any bike using Naild forks bikes with 15×100 hubs and NAILD thru axles. These are found on some Marin and Polygon bikes.
After years of mountain biking with thru-axles with bulky handles that seemed to strike every trailside obstacle, we needed a better option. Our Lightning Bolt-On thru axles offer the highest quality, simple, lightweight alternative to that bulky handle. Available in a range of sizes that fit both front and rear wheels on all types of thru-axle equipped bikes. Compatible with Hexlox security systems.
- Be free. No longer are you constrained by the proprietary NAILD axle. Simply replace the NAILD nut with our threaded nut and thru axle. A complete solution for a standard threaded axle for your bike.
- Lightning is Better. Our front and rear Lightning Bolt-On axles offer a stronger, more durable, lower profile and lighter weight option to replace your stock thru-axles.
- Low Profile. No more bulky handles to strike trail obstacles. Aerodynamic design.
- Light Weight. Our axles are internally bored to remove unnecessary material without compromising strength.
- Better Tolerances. Manufactured in the USA to the tightest tolerances using aerospace materials and CNC manufacturing. No longer will your axle loosen while riding.
- Available Security. Compatible with Hexlox bike security systems.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- This axle is designed specifically to replace the NAILD axle system found on some Marin and Polygon bikes with 15×100 hub spacing.
- The axle includes our threaded replacement nut for the NAILD system.
- Axle Weight: TBD
- The axle is precision CNC machined in the USA from 7075 aluminum and hard anodized for rugged durability. Our axles are built to the tightest standards in the industry.
- No special tools required. No modification to the fork is necessary. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 6mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
- Compatible with Hexlox security systems.
Need more information about how our axles work?
- Review our instructions.
- Watch our how-to videos.
- Visit our FAQs page.
- View our Warranty & Returns page.
After seeing the Nalid system fail(specifically on the front on two Marin bikes), I needed a solution. Frustrated at the over-engineered, silly design of the Nalid, I was VERY glad to see Robert Axle Proj. finally came through! The replacement was simple, made with quality alloy, and was lever-free. Instructions were clear and design was a night-and-day difference, and SAFE. I ordered a set, front and rear. Thanks, Friends! We all appreciate your designs and support!!
Bicycle Shop in Berkeley, CA.
Byron Deorosan (verified owner) –
The mechanism on my NAILD axle broke (apparently, a common occurrence). Wanted to replace it and apply Hexlox to it in the same fashion a orher bolts on my bike. Discovered you guys via the Hexlox website, but only found your NAILD replacement axle specifically on your website. Very happy that I did as I was advised to purchase a new carbon fork for a few hundred bucks if I wanted to get rid of the whole NAILD setup. Thanks so much for the rescue and my bike is back to cruising like a dream 😉
Kevo (verified owner) –
Perfect replacement for the awful NAILD system. 10/10 fit and finish, quick delivery and easy install. Newly installed, so I can’t speak to the durability, but everything looks high quality and exactly as advertised.
John B. (verified owner) –
Quality product with perfect fit to replace your Naild axle. A bit expensive but worth it. Shipping to Canada was extremely quick and affordable.
The Naild axle was a nice idea but too complex and not durable enough therefore not dependable.
Would be nice if they included a hex key.
Allan (verified owner) –
Perfect replacement with good instructions
Sal Monforte (verified owner) –
Awesome product and even better service! Was putting on new tires before a gravel race when the terrible stock NAILD front axle would not engage or tighten. Tory from Robert Axle Product got the replacement shipment expedited for me and I got both axles installed before race day. (I did the rear axle as well). No more overly-complicated axles.
The product is beautifully machined and made in USA! Thank you Robert Axle Project for making a great product with a great team standing behind it. Will recommend to friends and use on future builds.