Lightning Bolt-On Axle for NAILD Bikes – 12×142
Our Lightning Bolt-On thru axle replacement for NAILD axles are a high quality, lower profile, simpler alternative.
- Includes a threaded M12x1.0 replacement nut, to replace the NAILD nut that came on your bike.
- This axle is designed for Argon18 and Marin bikes with 12×142 hubs and NAILD thru axles.
After years of mountain biking with thru-axles with bulky handles that seemed to strike every trailside obstacle, we needed a better option. Our Lightning Bolt-On thru axles offer the highest quality, simple, lightweight alternative to that bulky handle. Available in a range of sizes that fit both front and rear wheels on all types of thru-axle equipped bikes. Compatible with Hexlox security systems.
- Be free. No longer are you constrained by the proprietary NAILD axle. Simply replace the NAILD nut with our threaded nut and thru axle. A complete solution for a standard threaded axle for your bike.
- Lightning is Better. Our front and rear Lightning Bolt-On axles offer a stronger, more durable, lower profile and lighter weight option to replace your stock thru-axles.
- Low Profile. No more bulky handles to strike trail obstacles. Aerodynamic design.
- Light Weight. Our axles are internally bored to remove unnecessary material without compromising strength.
- Better Tolerances. Manufactured in the USA to the tightest tolerances using aerospace materials and CNC manufacturing. No longer will your axle loosen while riding.
- Available Security. Compatible with Hexlox bike security systems.
This is NOT an axle for attaching trailers or trainers.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- This axle is designed specifically to replace the NAILD axle system found on some Marin and Polygon bikes with 12×142 hub spacing.
- The axle includes our threaded replacement nut for the NAILD system.
- Axle Weight: 42 grams
- The axle is precision CNC machined in the USA from 7075 aluminum and hard anodized for rugged durability. Our axles are built to the tightest standards in the industry.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 6mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
- Compatible with Hexlox security systems.
Need more information about how our axles work?