Lightning Bolt-on Axle – Rear 12 mm x 192 mm x 1.75 Thread
After years of mountain biking with thru-axles with bulky handles that seemed to strike every trailside obstacle (including ourselves) we needed a better option. Our Lightning Bolt-On thru axles offer the highest quality, simple, lightweight alternative to that bulky handle. Available in a range of sizes that fit both front and rear wheels on all types of thru-axle equipped bikes. Compatible with Hexlox security systems.
Please Note: This axle is not yet in production. Please send us an email if you’d like to see us producing this axle.
- Lightning is Better. Our front and rear Lightning Bolt-On axles offer a stronger, more durable, lower profile and lighter weight option to replace your stock thru-axles.
- Low Profile. No more bulky handles to strike trail obstacles. Aerodynamic design.
- Light Weight. Our axles are internally bored to remove unnecessary material without compromising strength.
- Easy to install. Our matching front and rear Lightning Bolt-On Axles only require a standard 6 mm hex wrench for easy installation and removal.
- Better Tolerances. Manufactured in the USA to the tightest tolerances using aerospace materials and CNC manufacturing. No longer will your axle loosen while riding.
- Available Security. Compatible with Hexlox bike security systems.
This is NOT an axle for attaching trailers or trainers.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- The true dimensions of the axle shaft are: 12mm diameter x 192mm axle length with 1.75mm thread pitch. Please note: Thru-Axle lengths do not equal hub standards. ie 12×142 is not a 142mm axle.
- Weight: TBD
- The axle is precision CNC machined in the USA from 7075 aluminum and hard anodized for rugged durability. Our axles are built to the tightest standards in the industry.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 6mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
- Compatible with Hexlox security systems.
Need more information about how our axles work?
- Review our instructions.
- Watch our how-to videos.
- Visit our FAQs page.
- View our Warranty & Returns page.
There are no reviews yet.