Thru Axle for BOB Trailer: 192 to 198mm with 1.75 Thread
Yes! A 12 mm thru-axle adapter for BOB Trailers. These Robert Axles for BOB Trailers are specifically engineered to attach the proven BOB Trailer to your thru-axle equipped bike.
Take full advantage of your modern bike with 12 mm thru-axles and harness the rigidity of the thru-axle to haul your BOB Trailer. Set out on any adventure, big or small. Great for off-road tours, trail building, hauling cargo and more!
Since 2013, we have been an important part of cyclists’ adventures all over the world. Our BOB Trailer thru axles have millions of miles on them in mountain bikes and road bikes, carbon bikes, fat bikes and e-bikes. Our axles are specifically designed to handle the high-torque loads generated by e-bikes.
Our BOB Trailer axles are not just designed in the USA, but are made here as well. They are machined by avid cyclists, to the tightest standards in the industry. We safety test, to failure, every batch of axles we produce to ensure they exceed your expectations.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
A thru-axle adapter for BOB Trailers! These Robert Axles for BOB Trailers are specifically engineered to attach your BOB Trailer to your 12 mm thru-axle equipped bike.
- This axle is compatible with BOB Trailers.
- The true length of the axle shaft is 198 mm, but can be shortened to 192 mm using the included spacer. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×148 hub does not equal a 148 mm long axle.
- This axle has a 1.75 mm thread pitch.
- The axle shaft and axle end are precision CNC machined.
- The axle shaft is 7075 aluminum and hard black anodized for rugged durability.
- The axle ends are stainless steel, which allow for mounting of the BOB Trailer bobbins.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 5mm hex wrench.
- Please note: This axle does not come with the BOB Trailer bobbins. Those are available separately, here. Or you can reuse your bobbins from the stock BOB Trailer Quick Release that came with your trailer.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
Need more information about how our axles work?
- Review our instructions.
- Watch our how-to videos.
- Visit our FAQs page.
- View our Warranty & Returns page.
Roger Riggs –
I had to exchange the first axle because I didn’t measure it very well. They were very helpful on the return so I could order one which works great. I am now riding with my Divinci bike, Bob trailer, and a new Yak fork that’s big enough for 29 inch wheels. The online video to adjust fork for wider clearance was helpful.
Mike Chaplin (verified owner) –
Great axle design! Fits my boost-spaced Trek Powerfly perfectly. 🙂
We made spool adapter/collars and are using Topeak spools on this axle to pull my “lifted” Topeak Journey Trailer;
We cut & welded in spacers to the Topeak yoke to fit the spool width on this axle. Trailer & axle performed well with 40-lb testing on rough paved trails. Real singletrack testing next! 🙂
THANKS for a great product!
Greg (verified owner) –
Great website and superior customer support.
Had to return first axel, the second one fit perfectly!
Thank you Robert Axel Project!
Darin Jesberg –
I recently purchased a Robert Axle Project thru axle for my 2021 TREK FUEL EX 9.9 to be able to continue to use my trusty IBEX B.O.B. trailer for trail work. I appreciate the craftmanship of the product and the exceptional customer service received. I am back on the trail with the B.O.B in tow doing trail work on the go once again!
Rich Avery –
This axle allowed me to mount this to my Trek Fuel ex5. I was at a loss of what to do as this bike has a strange rear axle setup from the factory. But Robert Axle Project knew exactly what I would need from them and from a Trek dealer. Their knowledge made this much simpler!