Lightning Bolt-on Axle – Rear 12 mm x 178 mm x 1.5 Thread for FOCUS R.A.T. – 12×148 Boost
After years of mountain biking with thru-axles with bulky handles that seemed to strike every trailside obstacle we needed a better option. Our Lightning Bolt-On thru axles offer the highest quality, simple, lightweight alternative to that bulky handle. Available in a range of sizes that fit both front and rear wheels on all types of thru-axle equipped bikes. Compatible with Hexlox security systems.
This thru axle is compatible with bikes that have the FOCUS R.A.T. thru axle system and 12×148 hub spacing. M12x1.5 threaded replacement nut included, to replace the FOCUS R.A.T. nut that came on your bike.
- Be free. No longer are you constrained by the proprietary R.A.T. axle. Simply replace the R.A.T. nut with our threaded nut and thru axle. A complete solution for a standard threaded axle for your FOCUS R.A.T. equipped bike.
- Lightning is Better. Our front and rear Lightning Bolt-On axles offer a stronger, more durable, lower profile and lighter weight option to replace your stock thru-axles.
- Low Profile. No more bulky handles to strike trail obstacles. Aerodynamic design.
- Light Weight. Our axles are internally bored to remove unnecessary material without compromising strength.
- Easy to install. Our matching front and rear Lightning Bolt-On Axles only require a standard 6 mm hex wrench for easy installation and removal.
- Better Tolerances. Manufactured in the USA to the tightest tolerances using aerospace materials and CNC manufacturing. No longer will your axle loosen while riding.
- Available Security. Compatible with Hexlox bike security systems.
This is NOT an axle for attaching trailers or trainers.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- This axle is compatible with bikes that have the FOCUS R.A.T. thru axle system and 12×148 Boost hub spacing.
- Weight: 42 grams
- The axle is precision CNC machined in the USA from 7075 aluminum and hard anodized for rugged durability. Our axles are built to the tightest standards in the industry.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 6mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
- Compatible with Hexlox security systems.
Need more information about how our axles work?
You may also like…
Thru Axle for BOB Trailer: Focus RAT Bikes – 12×142 or Boost$ 72.00 Add to cart
Hexlox – Bike protection done right.$ 15.00 – $ 20.00 Select options
12mm Thru Axle for Resistance Trainer and FOCUS R.A.T. – 12×142 or Boost$ 64.00 Add to cart
12mm Thru Axle for Kid Trailer: FOCUS R.A.T. Bikes – 12×142 or Boost hubs$ 68.00 Add to cart