Thru Axle for FollowMe Tandem: 172 to 178 mm with 1.5 mm Thread Pitch
This thru axle allows you to specifically attach a FollowMe Tandem Coupling to your thru axle equipped bike. The FollowMe Tandem Coupling allows to attach your kid’s bike to your bike when they become tired or no longer want to ride on their own. It’s great for when the going gets tough, or just for fun.
This thru axle is designed to specifically attach a FollowMe Tandem Coupling, so you can tow your child on his or her own bike behind you. The FollowMe Tandem is the perfect solution for riding safely with self-sufficient kids. It will not interfere with the use of child seats, panniers, or baskets installed on the adult bike.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- This Robert Axle thru axle for FollowMe Tandem Coupling replaces your stock 12 mm thru axle.
- The true length of the axle shaft is 178 mm but can be shortened using the included 6 mm or 3 mm spacer. This allows for axle lengths of 178, 175, 172, or 169 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×142 hub does not equal a 142 mm long axle.
- This axle has a 1.5 mm thread pitch.
- The axle shaft and axle end are precision CNC machined.
- The axle shaft is 7075 aluminum and hard black anodized for rugged durability.
- The axle ends are stainless steel, which allow for mounting of the FollowMe Tandem.
- No special tools are required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 5mm hex wrench.
- Please note: This axle does not come with the FollowMe Tandem Coupling hardware. You will need to use the hardware that came with your FollowMe.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.