12mm Thru axle for Trainer: 178mm with 1.5 Thread
Our Trainer Axle is designed to adapt your thru axle equipped bike with your wheel-on trainer, such as a 1up, Blackburn, Cyclops, Kinetic, Tacx, Wahoo and many other trainers. Our goal is to fit the thru axle to your bike perfectly, so we minimize spacers and extra parts, providing a clean, high performance axle for your bike. Train, warm up and be race ready and fit for the season.
- This Trainer Axle is designed to adapt your high quality bike to your wheel-on trainer. These are compatible with all the popular brands: 1up, Blackburn, Cyclops, Kinetic, Tacx, Wahoo and more.
- Our first priority is building a precision thru-axle. Our axles fit into your bike as well or better than the stock thru axle.
- The axle is installed with a simple 5 mm hex/allen key. The same tool that you carry on every ride.
- The best part? When it’s time for your race or time to head outside, simply remove your bike from the trainer, remove the drive side axle end and go. Our axle is suitable for use on or off the trainer. Indoors or out.
- Important: Before you order, make sure your specific trainer will accommodate the width of your modern thru-axle equipped bike. Measure your trainer at the widest setting and measure the outside width of your bike frame. The trainer axle ends will extend 15 mm past your frame on each side.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Robert Axle for Trainers replaces your stock 12 mm thru axle so you can use your bike on a trainer.
- This axle is compatible with 1up, Blackburn, Cyclops, Kinetic, Tacx, Wahoo and many other wheel-on resistance trainers.
- The true length of the axle shaft is 178 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×148 hub does not equal a 148 mm long axle.
- This axle has a 1.5 mm thread pitch.
- The axle shaft and axle ends are precision CNC machined from 7075 aluminum, and hard anodized for rugged durability.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 5 mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
Need more information about how our axles work?
- Review our instructions.
- Watch our how-to videos.
- Visit our FAQs page.
- View our Warranty & Returns page.
paul bayne (verified owner) –
Great solution to my issue. I have a ‘cross bike with thru axle rear. I wanted to use it on my Cycleops trainer for Zwift and Trainer road. This axle made it so easy and I can use it for road riding too.
J True (verified owner) –
I bought this to put my mountain bike on my old Cycleops trainer. (I also used a shorter bolt action slider tube, which I already owned.)
This axle worked great and was really easy to set up and use. And the Robert Axle Project website made it really easy to make sure I was getting the right one.