Thru Axle for FollowMe Tandem: 160-172 mm with 1.0 Thread Pitch
This thru axle allows you to specifically attach a FollowMe Tandem Coupling to your thru axle equipped bike. The FollowMe Tandem Coupling allows to attach your kid’s bike to your bike when they become tired or no longer want to ride on their own. It’s great for when the going gets tough, or just for fun.
This thru axle is designed to specifically attach a FollowMe Tandem Coupling, so you can tow your child on his or her own bike behind you. The FollowMe Tandem is the perfect solution for riding safely with self-sufficient kids. It will not interfere with the use of child seats, panniers, or baskets installed on the adult bike.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- This Robert Axle thru axle for FollowMe Tandem Coupling replaces your stock 12 mm thru axle.
- The true length of the axle shaft is 172 mm but can be shortened using the included spacers – a flat spacer and a tapered X-12 spacer. This allows for axle lengths of 160, 167 or 172 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×142 hub does not equal a 142mm long axle.
- This axle has a 1.0 mm thread pitch.
- The axle shaft and axle end are precision CNC machined.
- The axle shaft is 7075 aluminum and hard black anodized for rugged durability.
- The axle ends are stainless steel, which allow for mounting of the FollowMe Tandem.
- No special tools are required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 5mm hex wrench.
- Please note: This axle does not come with the FollowMe Tandem Coupling hardware. You will need to use the hardware that came with your FollowMe.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
Need more information?
- Visit our FAQs page.
- View our Warranty & Returns page.
Paulus Dreibholz (verified owner) –
Does what it says!
I was looking to connect the FollowMe Tandem for my sun to my new bike which featured a thru axle instead of a quick release one. The Robert Axle Project was recommended to me by a big German merchant, who themselves did not stock a suitable item. I found the required axle quickly on the website, ordered it, received it swiftly and it works. Many thanks!
Pascal (verified owner) –
Everything was well explain and it works fine. Thanks !
Thomas (verified owner) –
This is the second axle i purchased here. And like the first one ist very well machined and fits like a glove. The delivery to Germany was FAST. Purchased on wednesday – delivered on friday! I’m recommendig you to evetyone i know who is looking for axles. Thanks guys! Keep it up!
Tucson Loop (verified owner) –
Great design and solid construction. You guys helped us a lot. Thank you.
Nima Tabrizi (verified owner) –
Super fast delivery to Belgium. 4 days.
And it is perfect for my Specialized Vado Turbo 3.0 to connect a follow me tandem.
Simon (verified owner) –
I ordered a Follow Me and I would have needed two original axles to connect it with both of my bikes. This axle was cheaper and fits to both bikes. It is my perfect solution. The delivery to Germany was even faster than the delivery of the Follow Me out of a German retailer.
I can absolutely recommend this product as well as the company!!