Thru Axle for BOB Trailer: 167mm with 1.75 Thread
Yes! A 12 mm thru-axle adapter for BOB Trailers. These Robert Axles for BOB Trailers are specifically engineered to attach the proven BOB Trailer to your thru-axle equipped bike.
Take full advantage of your modern bike with 12 mm thru-axles and harness the rigidity of the thru-axle to haul your BOB Trailer. Set out on any adventure, big or small. Great for off-road tours, trail building, hauling cargo and more!
Since 2013, we have been an important part of cyclists’ adventures all over the world. Our BOB Trailer thru axles have millions of miles on them in mountain bikes and road bikes, carbon bikes, fat bikes and e-bikes. Our axles are specifically designed to handle the high-torque loads generated by e-bikes.
Our BOB Trailer axles are not just designed in the USA, but are made here as well. They are machined by avid cyclists, to the tightest standards in the industry. We safety test, to failure, every batch of axles we produce to ensure they exceed your expectations.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
A thru-axle adapter for BOB Trailers! These Robert Axles for BOB Trailers are specifically engineered to attach your BOB Trailer to your 12 mm thru-axle equipped bike.
- This axle is compatible with BOB Trailers.
- The true length of the axle shaft is 167 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×142 hub does not equal a 142 mm long axle.
- This axle has a 1.75 mm thread pitch.
- The axle shaft and axle end are precision CNC machined.
- The axle shaft is 7075 aluminum and hard black anodized for rugged durability.
- The axle ends are stainless steel, which allow for mounting of the BOB Trailer bobbins.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 5mm hex wrench.
- Please note: This axle does not come with the BOB Trailer bobbins. Those are available separately, here. Or you can reuse your bobbins from the stock BOB Trailer Quick Release that came with your trailer.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
Deadwood (verified owner) –
Got the 167mm axle with 1.75mm thread to replace the thru-axle on a Trek FX S6, and so accommodate my BoB trailer. Works like a charm — like the R.A. Project made it ‘specially for me.
Scott (verified owner) –
High quality piece with excellent customer service. Would recommend The Robert Axle Project to anyone looking set their bike up to trailer for the long haul.
Alexander Dekeyser (verified owner) –
Got this 167mm axle for a Norco Treshold ‘A Single Speed’ .
Communication was very fast, shipping to Belgium too.
It works fine with my BOB Yak. The adjustment of the yolk was only minor in my case, only 10mm or so.
With the original axle I head creaking issues, with the Robert axle not anymore. Tolerances are tight, high quality machining and finishing.
One note: The outer diameter of the stainless axle end is 20mm, and it barely fitted inside the drive-side dropout. I had to scratch some paint away. Also, I had to insert a 12mm/17mm-ish washer because the radius of the filleting was higher on the inside of the dropout. This was also necessary because the dropout is so wide, half the unscrewing hole in the stainless axle end dissapears inside the dropout. With the washer I can insert an unscrewing tool.
James J Felling (verified owner) –
Easy to order. great product. fast shipping. Hard to find companies that do such great service like this anymore!!! thanks RAP!!! no problems with the BOB on the trip at all…
David (verified owner) –
Good fit for Norco Search XR Steal. Customer Service was excellent, and parcel arrived as expected Canadian Review. 5 Stars and nothing less. Will be making another purchase in the future, for another bike. Just what I needed thanks.
Ben (verified owner) –
I recently purchased an axle for my BOB trailer and couldn’t be happier. From the axle finder tool through to the fast processing and shipment of my order, and even the installation how-to video, everything with the process was smooth and easy. The axle fits perfectly and installation was a snap. I would (and will) wholeheartedly recommend the Robert Axle Project to anyone looking for a thru-axle trailer mount.