Lightning Bolt-on Axle – Front 15 mm x 121 mm x 1.0 Thread
After years of mountain biking with thru-axles with bulky handles that seemed to strike every trailside obstacle, we needed a better option.
Our Lightning Bolt-On thru axles offer the highest quality, simple, lightweight alternative to that bulky handle. Available in a range of sizes that fit both front and rear wheels on all types of thru-axle equipped bikes. Learn about compatibility with Hexlox security systems.
- Lightning is Better. Our front and rear Lightning Bolt-On axles offer a stronger, more durable, lower profile and lighter weight option to replace your stock thru-axles.
- Low Profile. No more bulky handles to strike trail obstacles. Aerodynamic design.
- Light Weight. Our axles are internally bored to remove unnecessary material without compromising strength.
- Easy to install. Our matching front and rear Lightning Bolt-On Axles only require a standard 6 mm hex wrench for easy installation and removal.
- Better Tolerances. Manufactured in the USA to the tightest tolerances using aerospace materials and CNC manufacturing. No longer will your axle loosen while riding.
- Available Security. Learn about compatibility with Hexlox bike security systems.
This is NOT an axle for attaching trailers or trainers.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- The diameter of this axle is 15 mm and the true length of the axle shaft is 121 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 15×100 hub does not equal a 100 mm long axle.
- This axle has a M15 x 1.0 mm thread pitch.
- Weight: 32 grams
- The axle is precision CNC machined in the USA from 7075 aluminum and hard anodized for rugged durability. Our axles are built to the tightest standards in the industry.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 6mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
- Learn about compatibility with Hexlox security systems.
Need more information about how our axles work?
- Review our instructions.
- Watch our how-to videos.
- Visit our FAQs page.
- View our Warranty & Returns page.
David LeClaire (verified owner) –
I love, love, love your company! I had a broken front axle on my ebike that my local bike shop was unable to repair because (according to them) the part was out of stock. The bike sat at their shop for 2 weeks untouched so I picked it up and took it home. I then reached out to the bike manufacturer asking them for assistance and they gave me a part number and said that an authorized dealer would have to order the part. The part number they gave me was for a rear axle, not a front. I checked their website and only a rear axle is listed as an available part for the bike and the rear axle could not be used on the front as they are different sizes. You guys saved the day. You knew exactly the size axle I needed, and it arrived quickly too! I was able to install the part quickly and easily. If it wasn’t for you, my bike would still be in my garage collecting dust. Your online assessment tool was spot on in identifying the product I needed.
Thank you very much!