Lightning Bolt-on Axle – Rear 12 mm x 170 mm x 1.75 Thread
You have a beautiful road bike it should have beautiful low-profile thru axles to match. Bulky thru axle handles have no place on your svelte road bike. Our Lightning Bolt-On thru axles offer the highest quality, simple, lightweight alternative to that bulky handle. Available in a range of sizes that fit both front and rear wheels on all types of thru-axle equipped bikes.
Cervelo owners with RAT thru axles: This axle will replace the RAT axle found on all of their RAT equipped bikes. In addition to this axle you will need to replace the RAT compatible derailleur hanger with Cervelo threaded hanger Part Code: DRH-WMN112. This axle combined with the replacement derailleur hanger will provide a complete threaded thru axle system. If you don’t know what “RAT” is then this message is not for you, but the axle still is.
- Lightning is Better. Our front and rear Lightning Bolt-On axles offer a stronger, more durable, lower profile and lighter weight option to replace your stock thru-axles.
- Low Profile. No more bulky handles to strike trail obstacles. Aerodynamic design.
- Light Weight. Our axles are internally bored to remove unnecessary material without compromising strength.
- Easy to install. Our matching front and rear Lightning Bolt-On Axles only require a standard 6 mm hex wrench for easy installation and removal.
- Better Tolerances. Manufactured in the USA to the tightest tolerances using aerospace materials and CNC manufacturing. No longer will your axle loosen while riding.
- Available Security. Learn about compatibility with Hexlox bike security systems.
This is NOT an axle for attaching trailers or trainers.
- The diameter of this axle is 12 mm and the true length of the axle shaft is 170 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×142 hub does not equal a 142 mm long axle.
- This axle has a 1.75 mm thread pitch.
- Weight: 41 grams
- The axle is precision CNC machined in the USA from 7075 aluminum and hard anodized for rugged durability. Our axles are built to the tightest standards in the industry.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 6mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
- Learn about compatibility with Hexlox security systems.
Need more information about how our axles work?