Lightning Bolt-On Axle for NAILD Bikes – 12×148
Our Lightning Bolt-On thru axle replacement for NAILD axles are a high quality, lower profile, simpler alternative.
- Includes a threaded M12x1.0 replacement nut, to replace the NAILD nut that came on your bike.
- This axle is designed for some Marin and Polygon mountain bikes with 12×148 spaced hubs and the NAILD thru axle system.
After years of mountain biking with thru-axles with bulky handles that seemed to strike every trailside obstacle, we needed a better option. Our Lightning Bolt-On thru axles offer the highest quality, simple, lightweight alternative to that bulky handle. Available in a range of sizes that fit all types of thru-axle equipped bikes. Learn about compatibility with Hexlox security systems.
- Be free. No longer are you constrained by the proprietary NAILD axle. Simply replace the NAILD nut with our threaded nut and thru axle. A complete solution for a standard threaded axle for your bike.
- Lightning is Better. Our Lightning Bolt-On axles offer a stronger, more durable, lower profile and lighter weight option to replace your stock thru-axles.
- Low Profile. No more bulky handles to strike trail obstacles. Aerodynamic design.
- Light Weight. Our axles are internally bored to remove unnecessary material without compromising strength.
- Easy to install. Our matching front and rear Lightning Bolt-On Axles only require a standard 6 mm hex wrench for easy installation and removal.
- Better Tolerances. Manufactured in the USA to the tightest tolerances using aerospace materials and CNC manufacturing. No longer will your axle loosen while riding.
- Available Security. Learn about compatibility with Hexlox bike security systems.
This is NOT an axle for attaching trailers or trainers.
- This axle is designed specifically to replace the NAILD axle system found on some Marin and Polygon bikes with 12×148 hub spacing.
- The axle includes our threaded replacement nut for the NAILD system.
- Weight: TBD
- The axle is precision CNC machined in the USA from 7075 aluminum and hard anodized for rugged durability. Our axles are built to the tightest standards in the industry.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 6mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
- Learn about compatibility with Hexlox security system.
Need more information about how our axles work?