Lightning Bolt-on Axle – Front 15 mm x 148 mm x M15 x 1.5 Thread
After years of mountain biking with thru-axles with bulky handles that seemed to strike every trailside obstacle, we needed a better option.
Our Lightning Bolt-On thru axles offer the highest quality, simple, lightweight alternative to that bulky handle. Available in a range of sizes that fit both front and rear wheels on all types of thru-axle equipped bikes. Learn about compatibility with Hexlox security systems. This front thru axle fits RockShox forks with 15 x 100 hub spacing.
- Lightning is Better. Our front and rear Lightning Bolt-On axles offer a stronger, more durable, lower profile and lighter weight option to replace your stock thru-axles.
- Low Profile. No more bulky handles to strike trail obstacles. Aerodynamic design.
- Light Weight. Our axles are internally bored to remove unnecessary material without compromising strength.
- Easy to install. Our matching front and rear Lightning Bolt-On Axles only require a standard 6 mm hex wrench for easy installation and removal.
- Better Tolerances. Manufactured in the USA to the tightest tolerances using aerospace materials and CNC manufacturing. No longer will your axle loosen while riding.
- Available Security. Learn about compatibility with Hexlox bike security systems.
This is NOT an axle for attaching trailers or trainers.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- This thru axle fits RockShox forks with 15 x 100 hub spacing.
- The diameter of this axle is 15 mm and the true length of the axle shaft is 148 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 15×100 hub does not equal a 100 mm long axle.
- This axle has a M15 x 1.5 mm thread pitch.
- Weight: 42 grams
- The axle is precision CNC machined in the USA from 7075 aluminum and hard anodized for rugged durability. Our axles are built to the tightest standards in the industry.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 6 mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
- Learn about compatibility with Hexlox security systems.
Need more information about how our axles work?
- Review our instructions.
- Watch our how-to videos.
- Visit our FAQs page.
- View our Warranty & Returns page.
Dennis (verified owner) –
Great solution at a great price point to weight ratio. Fitted up perfectly and have had zero issues.
Rene Ortega (verified owner) –
It works great and looks so much cleaner than the RS Maxle.
Tyler (verified owner) –
Exactly what I needed after my original Maxle snapped at the quick-release lever. So far so good!
Tanner (verified owner) –
After fruitlessly looking for this part at a few local shops, I was finally pointed to RAP where the it took me a matter of seconds to find this piece. It arrived within a few days, bolted right on and has been a total confidence boost with the allen wrench tightening system so I don’t have to worry about busting another quick-release. Will probably replace my rear axel soon as well with RAP.
Josh Howell (verified owner) –
Really please with how fast I got this axle. From order to ‘in my hands’ in about 48 hours. The axle looks beefier and more substantial than the Maxle that it’s replacing. Threaded right in smooth as butter and looks like a perfect fit. Thank you!
Matt Cavanaugh (verified owner) –
Another great axle! Have used 1 for bike trailer and happy to ditch junk stocked quick release for this one. Easy and fast ordering.