Lightning Bolt-on Axle – Front 15 mm x 125 mm x 1.5 Thread
After years of mountain biking with thru-axles with bulky handles that seemed to strike every trailside obstacle, we needed a better option.
Our Lightning Bolt-On thru axles offer the highest quality, simple, lightweight alternative to that bulky handle. Available in a range of sizes that fit both front and rear wheels on all types of thru-axle equipped bikes. Learn about compatibility with Hexlox security systems.
- Lightning is Better. Our front and rear Lightning Bolt-On axles offer a stronger, more durable, lower profile and lighter weight option to replace your stock thru-axles.
- Low Profile. No more bulky handles to strike trail obstacles. Aerodynamic design.
- Light Weight. Our axles are internally bored to remove unnecessary material without compromising strength.
- Easy to install. Our matching front and rear Lightning Bolt-On Axles only require a standard 6 mm hex wrench for easy installation and removal.
- Better Tolerances. Manufactured in the USA to the tightest tolerances using aerospace materials and CNC manufacturing. No longer will your axle loosen while riding.
- Available Security. Learn about compatibility with Hexlox bike security systems.
This is NOT an axle for attaching trailers or trainers.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- The diameter of this axle is 15 mm and the true length of the axle shaft is 125 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 15×100 hub does not equal a 100 mm long axle.
- This axle has a M15 x 1.5 mm thread pitch.
- Weight: 32 grams
- The axle is precision CNC machined in the USA from 7075 aluminum and hard anodized for rugged durability. Our axles are built to the tightest standards in the industry.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 6mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
- Learn about compatibility with Hexlox security systems.
Need more information about how our axles work?
- Review our instructions.
- Watch our how-to videos.
- Visit our FAQs page.
- View our Warranty & Returns page.
C Evans (verified owner) –
Great axle, nicely machined, nice weight, fits perfectly. Great option for increased security and cleaner lines
Chase C (verified owner) –
It’s kind of like your favorite pair of underwear. You know it’s there, that someone took their time to design and create it, you use it every day and it is flawlessly performing the job that it was intended to do. You notice this, but it doesn’t often get recognized by others. I wish that more people saw me in my underwear.
Katy Bryce –
Hands down, the finest review we have gotten to date! Thank you, and we hope you enjoy your underwear!
Sean S (verified owner) –
I found you peoples, by dropping Googles here and there, I found myself on Youtube and all said and done I had a very good feeling about your product. Having bought the axle for my front wheel I am going to be coming back for my rear. It is very well made. Your sizing chart was super simple. It fits great, looks as sexy as an axle can look, if your into sexy axles… and I’m in Oregon too, on the wet side of the Cascades but still, bonus points! I also bought the security bolt and key and have it looped on my key chain. I now feel completely comfortable not having to cable up my front wheel. Soon I’ll be able to ride around with both my wheels hanging out!
Don Christenson (verified owner) –
Excellent axles! Great information on the website to steer you to some quality axles that are made on the good old U.S of A.
I’ll be back for some hexlox to protect my investments.
Matthew Pletcher (verified owner) –
Needed thru axles for a bike build. Easy to identify the size I needed by using the website, axles are light, strong, and very well made in the USA. They offer a clean look with no quick release lever. I love them and recommend RAP to everyone.
Jaques (verified owner) –
Quality manufacturing! Definitely get what you pay for. Extremely pleased with swapping out my OEM thru-axle. Makes for a cleaner appearance without the handle.
Lew Paquin (verified owner) –
Great axle to replace funky QR/thru-axle that was a real pain. Much cleaner look and great quality and a lot lighter…and it works and stays tight. Also the axle finder on your website makes it super easy to order the correct one.
Doug S –
I don’t ride without a multi tool and see no need for the mass produced stock QRs that come with most frames and forks. They’re crap and you don’t wanna be stuck out on a trail in the middle of nowhere when they fail.
Having a Lightning Bolt Axle is not only better as far as reliability but provides a more clean look and won’t clip a rock or root.
Richard Samonte (verified owner) –
Great Product and Worked Perfect. Fit and finish was beautiful.
Brian (verified owner) –
Purchased to use with Hexlox and replace the quick release axles on my All-City Cosmic Stallion. Lightweight, well-made, and easy to install. I now have greater peace of mind when locking my bike away from home. The cleaner look is an added bonus. Very satisfied.
Rick Abbott (verified owner) –
Nice efficient system for being sure that you’ve got the correct axle, and the axle does the job. Prompt shipping and delivery.
Lewis Patterson –
This is the third or fourth axle I’ve purchased here. They are very well made with clean precision threads. I replaced the stock axle on my bike as the Robert Axle looks better and threads in more smoothly.
Ben S. (verified owner) –
Fantastic product purchased two, only front axle option on the market for my (2) Raleigh RXC Pro bikes. Great customer support to help with technical needs as well, great company.
Jim (verified owner) –
I lost the front axle for my GT Grade and these guys had the answer. I clicked thru the questions an bought the axle they recommended and it fit perfectly. I wondered if I would need to carry an Allen wrench but the one in my kit was the correct size so I was good. I think this is a better way than the stock standard one that unscrewed itself and fell off while hanging on my bike rack. If I had not had a bum give cord thru the wheel I would have lost that too,
Jan Martijn (verified owner) –
High quality products, great replacement of the original clunky thru axle. Very fast delivery to Europe. And responsive and helpful customer service.
Jim D (verified owner) –
Great product, well made, fit perfectly, and looks good. The best part of the experience was the customer service. I was having trouble figuring out which axle fit my bike since it wasn’t in the list. I contacted customer service and they helped me get the correct axle on my first try! Appreciate the excellent communication and well made product.