Lightning Bolt-on Axle – 15mm Front for FOCUS R.A.T. Bikes
After years of mountain biking with thru-axles with bulky handles that seemed to strike every trailside obstacle we needed better option. Our Lightning Bolt-On thru axles offer the highest quality, simple, lightweight alternative to that bulky handle. Available in a range of sizes that fit both front and rear wheels on all types of thru-axle equipped bikes. Learn about compatibility with Hexlox security systems.
This FRONT thru axle is compatible with the Mares/Izalco bikes that have the 15mm FOCUS R.A.T. thru axle system.
- Be free. No longer are you constrained by the proprietary FOCUS R.A.T. axle. Simply replace the R.A.T. nut with our threaded nut and thru axle. A complete solution for a standard threaded axle for your R.A.T. equipped bike.
- Lightning is Better. Our front and rear Lightning Bolt-On axles offer a stronger, more durable, lower profile and lighter weight option to replace your stock thru-axles.
- Low Profile. No more bulky handles to strike trail obstacles. Aerodynamic design.
- Light Weight. Our axles are internally bored to remove unnecessary material without compromising strength.
- Easy to install. Our matching front and rear Lightning Bolt-On Axles only require a standard 6 mm hex wrench for easy installation and removal.
- Better Tolerances. Manufactured in the USA to the tightest tolerances using aerospace materials and CNC manufacturing. No longer will your axle loosen while riding.
- Available Security. Learn about compatibility with Hexlox bike security systems.
This is NOT an axle for attaching trailers or trainers.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- This axle is compatible with bikes that have a FOUCS R.A.T. thru axle in the front fork with 15×100 front hubs.
- Weight: 56 grams, includes axle and our replacement for the RAT nut.
- The axle is precision CNC machined in the USA from 7075 aluminum and hard anodized for rugged durability. Our axles are built to the tightest standards in the industry.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 6 mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
- Learn about compatibility with Hexlox security systems.
Need more information about how our axles work?
- Review our instructions.
- Watch our how-to videos.
- Visit our FAQs page.
- View our Warranty & Returns page.
11 reviews for Lightning Bolt-on Axle – 15mm Front for FOCUS R.A.T. Bikes
You may also like…
12mm Thru Axle for Resistance Trainer and FOCUS R.A.T. Bikes – 12X142$ 64.00 Add to cart
Hexlox – Bike protection done right.$ 15.00 – $ 20.00 Select options
12mm Thru Axle for Kid Trailer: FOCUS R.A.T. Bikes – 12×142$ 68.00 Add to cart
Lightning Bolt-on Axle – 12mm thru axle for FOCUS R.A.T. Bikes – 12×142$ 58.00 Add to cart
Terry Evans (verified owner) –
I only have Great Things to say about The Robert Axle Project Company and their front and rear axle option , I ride a 2015 Focus Mares CX Bike with the R.A.T. thru axle system. By replacing the R.A.T. thru axle with the Lighting Bolt-On Axle I have removed all of the inconsistency that I was having. The fit and finish of the lightning bolt-on axle is top of the market.
Leithen M’Gonigle –
Really great product. My Izalco Max Disc was having issues with the RAT thru axles and I couldn’t find replacements here in Canada, despite trying. While I did like the RAT axles, these are a far superior and more durable solution. Also, really great build quality. Thank you!
Rafal (verified owner) –
The best solution for R.A.T Axle! Finnaly front wheel has a perfect stiffness, axle from Robert works and looks perfect!!!
Dave (verified owner) –
Fantastic replacement for the R.A.T thru axle system. Two thumbs up!!
My daughter rides a 2016 Focus Mares CX & on her first ride with the Robert Axle she noticed a superior difference in the stiffness of the front axle.
Now time to order the rear – should have done both together
John Bradley (verified owner) –
Lightning Bolt-on axles are a great products. While R.A.T. axles were initially appealing in concept, in practice not so much. The simplicity and high quality of Lightning Bolt-ons have resulted in lighter weight, more secure attachment (no more disc rub), better looking and more aerodynamic-what’s not to love?
Redg (verified owner) –
My RAT Thru Axle had gotten a loose thread. The Lightning Bolt-on Axle replacement has a much better build, and locks in more securely. It works well that you can forget about it, and have more peace of mind while riding.
Pawel (verified owner) –
This is what I needed instead RAT especially my Focus Mares 2015 has 15mm axle and it was impossible to find a 15mm nut in Europe. I wasn’t even waiting until RAT will be loosen. No problem with shipment to Poland. One week and my bike is upgraded. Great product and service! Thank you.
Stephen Ratner –
OK…so I don’t know who actually liked the RAT Axle but I went through two of them before I heard about Robert Axle. Money well spent. So much easier to use and much stiffer feel on the trails – Focus CX Mares 2015. Bravo! Well done!
The Barman (verified owner) –
Well made, excellent service
david timoney (verified owner) –
Delighted with the service. Was delivered to Ireland in 2 days. It was replacing a Focus through axle that had broken and a replacement was almost impossible to source. Recommended.
John (verified owner) –
Great solution to my focus cx mares RAT trap axles. Super simple to install and I appreciate the help!