Thru Axle for BOB Trailer: Surly 12×142
Yes! A 12 mm thru-axle adapter for BOB Trailers. These Robert Axles for BOB Trailers are specifically engineered to attach the proven BOB Trailer to your thru-axle equipped bike. Take full advantage of your modern bike with 12 mm thru-axles and harness the rigidity of the thru-axle to haul your BOB Trailer. Set out on any adventure, big or small. Great for off-road tours, trail building, hauling cargo and more!
This BOB Trailer axle is compatible with Surly’s Midnight Special vertical dropouts. This will also fit older Karate Monkey frames with Surly’s MDS dropouts. Our axle is NOT compatible with any Surly with horizontal dropouts. Please see attached photos for examples of the dropouts that we fit.
Since 2013, we have been an important part of cyclists’ adventures all over the world. Our BOB Trailer thru axles have millions of miles on them in mountain bikes and road bikes, carbon bikes, fat bikes and e-bikes. Our axles are specifically designed to handle the high-torque loads generated by e-bikes.
Our BOB Trailer axles are not just designed in the USA, but are made here as well. They are machined by avid cyclists, to the tightest standards in the industry. We safety test, to failure, every batch of axles we produce to ensure they exceed your expectations.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
A thru-axle adapter for BOB Trailers! These Robert Axles for BOB Trailers are specifically engineered to attach your BOB Trailer to your 12mm thru-axle equipped bike.
- This axle is compatible with BOB Trailers and Surly bikes with Gnot Boost axles with 12×142 or 12×148 hub spacing.
- The true dimensions of the axle shaft are: 12mm diameter x 157 mm. Includes spacer for a 151 mm fitment.
- The axle shaft and axle ends are precision CNC machined.
- The axle shaft is 7075 aluminum and hard black anodized for rugged durability.
- The axle ends are stainless steel, which allow for mounting of the BOB Trailer bobbins.
- Please note: This axle does not come with the BOB Trailer bobbins. Those are available separately, here. Or they can be re-purposed from the stock BOB Trailer Quick Release that came with your trailer.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
Need more information about how our axles work?
- Review our instructions.
- Watch our how-to videos.
- Visit our FAQs page.
- View our Warranty & Returns page.
There are no reviews yet.