12mm Thru Axle for Kid Trailer – 180mm with 1.25mm Thread
This thru axle is used to attach trailers to Orbea mountain bikes with a 1.25mm thread pitch thru axle. Robert Axle Project Thru Axles for Kid Trailers are designed specifically to fit your 12mm thru-axle bike and allow attachment of any two-wheeled, hitch-mounted trailer, such as Thule, Chariot, Burley, Instep, Carry Freedom and more. This axle replaces your stock axle that came with your bike.
All axles are designed, machined and tested in the USA, by avid cyclists, to the tightest standards in the industry. We safety test, to failure, every batch of axles we produce to ensure they exceed your expectations and safety.
Simplify your life by allowing quick and secure attachment of your trailer to your best and favorite bike. Share your stoke and enjoy the adventure!
*Did you use our Axle Finder to find this product? That is the BEST way to find the thru axle that fits your bike!
This thru axle is for attaching a child or cargo trailer with a standard “hitch-style” attachment to the center of the wheel. Since 2013, we have been an important part of cyclists’ adventures all over the world. Our thru axles have millions of miles on them on mountain bikes and road bikes, gravel and cross bikes, fat bikes and e-bikes.
Your stock thru-axle is not designed to haul your precious cargo – your kids, your pet or your gear! Robert Axle Project thru axles are specifically designed to handle the heavier load of a trailer behind your bike, and are 3 to 4 times stronger than the stock axle that came with your bike. Our stainless steel axle ends provide a safe and secure attachment point of the hitch to the axle. The axle is quick to install and remove with a common 5mm hex key, allowing ease for repairs or removal.
Our axles are designed, machined and tested in the USA, by avid cyclists, to the tightest standards in the industry. We safety test, to failure, every batch of axles we produce to ensure they exceed your expectations and safety.
Robert Axle for Kid Trailers replaces your stock thru-axle so you can attach a child or cargo trailer to your 12 mm thru axle equipped bike.
- This axle is compatible with Burley, Carry Freedom, Chariot/Thule, Croozer, Instep, and many more hitch style trailers.
- The true length of the axle shaft is 180 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×148 hub does not equal a 148 mm long axle.
- This axle has a 1.25 mm thread pitch.
- The axle shaft and axle end are precision CNC machined.
- The axle shaft is 7075 aluminum and hard black anodized for rugged durability.
- The axle end is stainless steel, which allow for mounting of the hitch provided with your trailer. The threads are M10x1 (metric).
- Hardware for attachment of the hitch is included; the hitch is not.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 5mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
Need more information about how our axles work?