Lightning Bolt-on Axle – Front 12 mm 130mm with 1.5 Thread
Our Lightning Bolt-On thru axles offer the highest quality, simple, lightweight alternative to that bulky handle. Available in a range of sizes that fit both front and rear wheels on all types of thru-axle equipped bikes.
- Lightning is Better. Our front and rear Lightning Bolt-On axles offer a stronger, more durable, lower profile and lighter weight option to replace your stock thru-axles.
- Low Profile. No more bulky handles to strike trail obstacles or create wind drag. Aerodynamic design.
- Light Weight. Our axles are internally bored to remove unnecessary material without compromising strength.
- Easy to install. Our matching front and rear Lightning Bolt-On Axles only require a standard 6 mm hex wrench for easy installation and removal.
- Better Tolerances. Manufactured in the USA to the tightest tolerances using aerospace materials and CNC manufacturing. No longer will your axle loosen while riding.
This is NOT an axle for attaching racks, trailers or trainers.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- The diameter of this axle is 12 mm and the true length of the axle shaft is 130 mm with a 1.5 mm thread. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×100 hub does not equal a 100 mm long axle.
- Weight: Axle = 30 grams
- The axle is precision CNC machined in the USA from 7075 aluminum and hard anodized for rugged durability. Our axles are built to the tightest standards in the industry.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 6mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
- Learn about compatibility with Hexlox security systems.
Need more information about how our axles work?
- Watch our how-to videos.
- Visit our FAQs page.
- View our Warranty & Returns page.
Ray Reyes (verified owner) –
Great product and excellent costumer service. Thank you.
Bryan Sespico (verified owner) –
Does what it’s supposed to do, fits like it’s supposed to fit, shipped and arrived promptly. I like this axle and plan on purchasing it’s rear counterpart soon.
Scott S (verified owner) –
Great; buy here with total confidence. I ordered and needed asap due to my stupidity and Tory did an incredible job of getting it shipped very quickly. Axle is perfect, and does what it is supposed to do!
Sean Mathis (verified owner) –
Axle is nice. Was really looking for one 135mm long, but consulting via chat, I sent pictures and we determined that the 130mm (the longest one) would work. And yes it did.
4 stars because I wish I could have gotten a 135mm long one.
Other than that, no complaints or issues.
ben (verified owner) –
Bought this Front Axle and a Lightning Bolt-on Axle – Rear 12 mm x 162-167 mm x 1.0 Thread for my Gravel Bike. My front axle had a Quick Release lever on it that kept coming lose when the trail got rough and I wanted my front axle and rear axles to match 😀 (like a weirdo).
This axle came with an additional spacer to give a bit more flexibility depending on your fork’s needs. Thankfully I didn’t need the spacer on the front axle and was instead able to use it on the rear axle.
Overall I am really happy with this product and am happy that I found out about this company. I like that there is the base axle and then the additional pieces to add or remove length to customize it more for your frame’s specific needs.
John Ullom –
Great company to work with.
I can’t prove it but I am sure this axel has cut 0.1% off of my commute time!
KD (verified owner) –
Basically the only place that sells an axle that will work with my fork now! Arrived promptly, looks great, works perfectly.
Felix (verified owner) –
Nice axles that fit perfectly to every kind of bike. I bought the axles for my Gravel bike and my Commuter bike. Now I can use my torque wrench and the axles won‘t come loose.
The only downside is the price, especially when you equip several bikes.
David Watson (verified owner) –
I bought this based on positive online reviews, and I am not disappointed. The axle is obviously well made, and very light. Fits my Cervelo perfectly, and looks good too!