Thru Axle for BOB Trailer: 217 to 229mm with 1.75 Thread
Yes! A 12 mm thru-axle adapter for BOB Trailers! These Robert Axles for BOB Trailers are specifically engineered to attach the proven BOB Trailer to your thru-axle equipped bike.
Take full advantage of your modern bike with 12 mm thru-axles and harness the rigidity of the thru-axle to haul your BOB Trailer. Set out on any adventure, big or small. Great for off-road tours, trail building, hauling cargo and more!
Since 2013, we have been an important part of cyclists’ adventures all over the world. Our BOB Trailer thru axles have millions of miles on them in mountain bikes and road bikes, carbon bikes, fat bikes and e-bikes. Our axles are specifically designed to handle the high-torque loads generated by e-bikes.
Our BOB Trailer axles are not just designed in the USA, but are made here as well. They are machined by avid cyclists, to the tightest standards in the industry. We safety test, to failure, every batch of axles we produce to ensure they exceed your expectations.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
A thru-axle adapter for BOB Trailers! These Robert Axles for BOB Trailers are specifically engineered to attach your BOB Trailer to your 12 mm thru-axle equipped bike.
- This axle is compatible with BOB Trailers.
- The true length of the axle shaft is 229 mm but can be shortened using the included spacers to 217 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×97 hub does not equal a 197 mm long axle.
- This axle has a 1.75 mm thread pitch.
- The axle shaft and axle end are precision CNC machined.
- The axle shaft is 7075 aluminum and hard black anodized for rugged durability.
- The axle ends are stainless steel, which allow for mounting of the BOB Trailer bobbins.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 5mm hex wrench.
- Please note: This axle does not come with the BOB Trailer bobbins. Those are available separately, here. Or you can reuse your bobbins from the stock BOB Trailer Quick Release that came with your trailer.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
Need more information about how our axles work?
- Review our instructions.
- Watch our how-to videos.
- Visit our FAQs page.
- View our Warranty & Returns page.
This axle takes my gear everywhere! Product is well-constructed, quality material and I was able to mount in a jiffy! Thank you Robert Axel Project for a great product!
Kevin C (verified owner) –
If everyone had products and service that matched these guys the world would be a better place. thanks!
cody lee –
I ordered 2 axles from Robert, 1 was for my 907 fatbike which they have a drop down for so it was easy just click the correct options and done. The other axle was for a bike that was not on the drop down options. So they have a page you print out that has the way to measure the length and treads count, made it very simple. Both axles shipped the same day I ordered them, I took delivery in about 3 days from ordering super-fast.
The quality of these axles are excellent I am using them on a homebuilt trailer the ends made it very easy for me to make a quick release connector. I have make a couple of trips with these axles with about a hundred pounds between the trailer and load, no problems. If you need a trailer axle for your bike I would highly recommend these axles.
Christopher Patrick (verified owner) –
Ticked all the right boxes. The ordering process (online) and customer service follow up until it arrived at my doorstep was excellent & very fast. I am VERY pleased with the quality of craftsmanship and finish on the axle. It fit my 2017 Rocky Mtn Blizzard -30 perfectly. In fact, I used it this past weekend to tow a fully loaded B.O.B. trailer on a three day adventure, that took me over 45 miles of back-country roads and dirt trails, and it worked flawlessly. I plan to primarily use it for trailwork (www.nemba.org) and possibly to adapt some kind of a snow grooming drag (using a B.O.B. trailer yoke as the basis of design) – we shall see!
Brian Vance (verified owner) –
Exactly what I needed! My custom Catalina Brewing Company Beer Bob 2.0 fits perfectly on my Fatback Rhino. Thanks for making these solid quality products!
Jonah (verified owner) –
Purchased for 2020 Trek Farley 5 Fat Bike to better support a custom fitted Topeak UNI Super Tourist Fat Rack. The rack required some mods to work, but the axle was perfect for the job! Well done!
Jim Bonham (verified owner) –
I don’t use my Robert axle for a Bob trailer, but it works perfectly to mount a rear rack on my Trek Farley fat bike.
Colin (verified owner) –
Fits my bike perfectly
Showed up in schedule
Nice to have a resource like Robert axel