Yoke Mount Trailer: 12mm x 171 to 183mm x 1.0 thread
If you are the DIY type or the heavy trailer user, you might need our Yoke Mount Axle. The Yoke Mount axle has M10 x 1 threaded studs on each side for attachment of a two sided trailer. This axle is compatible with the Extrawheel trailer, Surly Bill, Surly Ted and other not-so-common trailers.
The Yoke Mount Axle does NOT work with a BOB Trailer – see our BOB Trailer Axles here. And sorry, but we do not fit the Topeak trailers.
Our Yoke Mount thru-axles are for trailers that attach at both sides of the wheel. Extrawheel and the Surly Bill or Surly Ted are trailers that would be used with our Yoke Mount Axles. This axle is NOT for a BOB Trailer – see our BOB Trailer axles – and sorry, but we do not have an axle for a Topeak trailer.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
The Yoke Mount thru axle replaces your stock axle with an axle that has M10 x 1 threaded studs on each ends.
- Compatible with the Surly Bill, Surly Ted and Extrawheel trailer.
- The diameter of this axle is 12 mm and the true length of the axle shaft is 183 mm. Spacers included for a 171 or 183 mm fitment. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×148 hub does not equal a 148 mm long axle. We suggest a +/- 2mm axle length fit is perfect for all our axles.
- This axle has a 1.0 mm thread pitch.
- The axle shaft and axle end are precision CNC machined.
- The axle shaft is 7075 aluminum and hard black anodized for rugged durability.
- The axle ends are stainless steel, which allow for mounting of the trailer.
- No special tools required.
- Please note: This axle does not come with specific adapters for your trailer. You will need to purchase M10x1 nuts specific to your trailer separately.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.