Thunder Bolt-On Rear Axle – 12mm x 176 to 188mm x 1.5 Thread
Designed for big rides and big riders. Our Thunder Bolt-On replacement thru-axles are a strong and durable option to replace your stock through axle. Thunder Bolt-On Axles are NOT for use with a trailer, but are a solid option if you’re looking to replace your stock thru axle with a more durable, lower profile design. If you want a lighter weight axle, then check out our Lightning Bolt-On Axles.
This is NOT an axle for attaching trailers or trainers.
If you’re tired of having a thru axle that sticks out far past your hub, but you’re skeptical of ultra-lightweight parts, then the Thunder Bolt-On Axle may be for you. Simple, clean, and very strong, these bolt-on thru axles are a perfect alternative to your stock thru axle. Easy to install and remove, too!
If you want a lighter weight axle, then check out our Lightning Bolt-On Axles.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Thunder Bolt-On Axles replace your stock thru axle on your 12 mm thru-axle equipped bike.
- The true length of the axle shaft is 188 mm. It can be shortened using the included spacers – a flat 6 mm spacer and a tapered 6 mm X-12 spacer. This allows for axle lengths of 176, 182, or 188 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×148 hub does not equal a 148mm long axle.
- This axle has a 1.5 mm thread pitch.
- The axle is precision CNC machined in the USA from 7075 aluminum and hard anodized for rugged durability. Our axles are built to the tightest standards in the industry.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 5 mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
Need more information about how our axles work?
- Review our instructions.
- Watch our how-to videos.
- Visit our FAQs page.
- View our Warranty & Returns page.
Eric (verified owner) –
Purchased this to replace the 182mm DT Swiss RWS Axle that came on my 2020 YT Capra.
The quality and fit is great, and its doing exactly what it was intended for.
If I could change one thing, it would be to have the axle length dedicated to 182mm, rather than have it 188mm with a 6mm spacer. This would allow for a lower profile. All in all it beats having a lever sticking out.
Even with the above critique, I still give it 5 stars based on quality and being as advertised.
Dennis (verified owner) –
Fit perfectly on my 2018 Jeffsy CF1. Looks good.