Thru Axle for BOB Trailer: Focus RAT Bikes – 12×142 or Boost
Yes! A 12 mm thru-axle adapter for BOB Trailers. These Robert Axles for BOB Trailers are specifically engineered to attach the proven BOB Trailer to your thru-axle equipped bike. Take full advantage of your modern bike with 12 mm thru-axles and harness the rigidity of the thru-axle to haul your BOB Trailer. Set out on any adventure, big or small. Great for off-road tours, trail building, hauling cargo and more!
An additional benefit you will experience, once you switch to our threaded thru axle, when riding outside with this axle your disc brake will no longer rub. This is due to the more consistent and greater clamping force of a threaded thru axle vs the RAT system. Consider our Lightning Bolt-on Front axle to rid your bike of the flex from the R.A.T.
This thru axle is specifically for bikes that have a FOCUS R.A.T. thru axle and 12×148 Boost hub spacing.
Since 2013, we have been an important part of cyclists’ adventures all over the world. Our BOB Trailer thru axles have millions of miles on them in mountain bikes and road bikes, carbon bikes, fat bikes and e-bikes. Our axles are specifically designed to handle the high-torque loads generated by e-bikes.
Our BOB Trailer axles are not just designed in the USA, but are made here as well. They are machined by avid cyclists, to the tightest standards in the industry. We safety test, to failure, every batch of axles we produce to ensure they exceed your expectations.
This thru axle is compatible with bikes that have FOCUS R.A.T. thru axles and 12×148 Boost hub spacing.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
A thru-axle adapter for BOB Trailers! These Robert Axles for BOB Trailers are specifically engineered to attach your BOB Trailer to your 12mm thru-axle equipped bike.
- This axle is compatible with BOB Trailers and FOCUS bikes with the R.A.T. thru axle system and 12×148 boost hub spacing.
- Includes a flat and a tapered spacer and replacement R.A.T. nut.
- The axle shaft and axle end are precision CNC machined.
- The axle shaft is 7075 aluminum and hard black anodized for rugged durability.
- The axle ends are stainless steel, which allow for mounting of the BOB Trailer bobbins.
- Please note: This axle does not come with the BOB Trailer bobbins. Those are available separately, here. Or you can reuse your bobbins from the stock BOB Trailer Quick Release that came with your trailer.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
Need more information about how our axles work?