The Robert Axle Project Trailer Hitch Adapter for Mahle/EBIKEMOTION Equipped E-Bikes. Our hitch adapter for towing kid trailers and single-arm bike trailers is high quality and precisely machined. This includes all the two-wheeled child, pet and cargo trailers such as: Thule, Chariot, Burley, Instep, Carry Freedom, and many more.
Our hitch adapter is made of stainless steel and is incredibly durable. It’s built to handle towing a fully loaded bike trailer. The Robert Axle Project Hitch Adapter helps trailer hitches fit more bikes. It easily clears hooded dropouts and other interfering dropouts. It is easy to install. Simply replace the existing non-driveside nut with our adapter, and attach the hitch that came with your trailer.
Our hitch adapter uses a 17 mm wrench to attach your hitch and precious cargo more securely than with other knurled adapters. When installing the hitch, the 17 mm wrench isolates and protects dropouts from marring and over-tightening that could ruin your bike’s frame.
If your bike has a 12mm thru axle we make thru axle adapters that you can find by using our Axle Finder here.
At Robert Axle Project we believe in enhancing the role of bikes in your life’s adventures. Expanding our immensely thorough catalog of thru axles for trailers, racks, trainers, and more, helps us do that.
Robert Axle for Kid Trailers replaces your stock quick release nut so you can attach a child or cargo trailer to your 12 mm thru axle equipped bike.
- This axle is compatible with Burley, Carry Freedom, Chariot/Thule, Croozer, Instep, and many more hitch style trailers.
- The adapter is compatible with 5mm quick release skewers.
- The QR hitch adapter is precision CNC machined.
- The QR hitch adapter is stainless steel, which allow for mounting of the hitch provided with your trailer. The threads are M10x1 (metric).
- Hardware for attachment of the hitch is included; the hitch is not.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 5mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
Need more information about how our axles work?
All orders from our website are via US Postal Service, from Oregon, U.S.A. We make every effort to ship your order within one business day.
Shipping rates and average delivery times are:
• United States: $7.50 USD, 3-4 business days
• Canada: $21.50 USD, 10-14 business days
• All other International: $21.50 USD, 12-16 business days
We are unable to offer expedited shipping. If you need expedited shipping of our products, please visit our Dealers & Distributors page for options. We cannot take responsibility for any delays during shipping, including delays in customs or incorrect shipping information.