This is a thru axle to attach trailers to Cervelo R.A.T. bikes. Since 2013, we have been a part of cycling adventures all over the world. Our thru axles have millions of miles on them – on mountain bikes and road bikes, gravel and cross bikes, fat bikes and e-bikes.
Your stock thru-axle that came with your bike is not designed to haul your precious cargo, like your kids, your pet or your gear! Robert Axle Project thru axles are specifically designed to handle the heavier load of a trailer behind your bike, and are 3 to 4 times stronger than the stock axle that came with your bike. Our stainless steel axle ends provide a safe and secure attachment point of the hitch to the axle. The axle is quick to install and remove with a common 5mm hex key, allowing ease for repairs or removal.
Our axles are designed, machined and tested in the USA, by avid cyclists, to the tightest standards in the industry. We safety test, to failure, every batch of axles we produce to ensure they exceed your expectations for quality and safety.
Robert Axle for Kid Trailers replaces your stock thru-axle so you can attach a child or cargo trailer to your 12 mm thru axle equipped bike.
- This axle is compatible with Burley, Carry Freedom, Chariot/Thule, Croozer, Instep, and many more hitch style trailers.
- The true length of the axle shaft is 170 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×142 hub does not equal a 142 mm long axle.
- The thread pitch of this axle is 1.75.
- This axle is specific to Cervelo bikes that have the R.A.T. axle. It includes our Cervelo R.A.T. derailleur hanger.
- The axle shaft and axle end are precision CNC machined.
- The axle shaft is 7075 aluminum and hard black anodized for rugged durability.
- The axle end is stainless steel, which allow for mounting of the hitch provided with your trailer. The threads are M10x1 (metric).
- Hardware for attachment of the hitch is included; the hitch is not.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 5mm hex wrench.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
Need more information about how our axles work?
All orders from our website are via US Postal Service, from Oregon, U.S.A. We make every effort to ship your order within one business day.
Shipping rates and average delivery times are:
• United States: $7.50 USD, 3-4 business days
• Canada: $21.50 USD, 10-14 business days
• All other International: $21.50 USD, 12-16 business days
We are unable to offer expedited shipping. If you need expedited shipping of our products, please visit our Dealers & Distributors page for options. We cannot take responsibility for any delays during shipping, including delays in customs or incorrect shipping information.