Yoke Mount Trailer: 12mm x 229mm x 1.5 Thread
If you are the DIY type or the heavy trailer user, you might need our Yoke Mount Axle. The Yoke Mount axle has M10 x 1 threaded studs on each side for attachment of a two sided trailer. This axle is compatible with the Extrawheel trailer, Surly Bill, Surly Ted and other not-so-common trailers.
The Yoke Mount Axle does NOT work with a BOB Trailer – see our BOB Trailer Axles here. And sorry, but we do not fit the Topeak trailers.
Our Yoke Mount thru-axles are for trailers that attach at both sides of the wheel. Extrawheel and the Surly Bill or Surly Ted are trailers that would be used with our Yoke Mount Axles. This axle is NOT for a BOB Trailer – see our BOB Trailer axles – and sorry, but we do not have an axle for a Topeak trailer.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
The Yoke Mount thru axle replaces your stock axle with an axle that has M10 x 1 threaded studs on each ends.
- Compatible with the Surly Bill, Surly Ted and Extrawheel trailer.
- The diameter of this axle is 12 mm and the true length of the axle shaft is 229 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×197 hub does not equal a 197 mm long axle.
- This axle has a 1.5 mm thread pitch.
- Weight: TBD
- The axle shaft and axle end are precision CNC machined.
- The axle shaft is 7075 aluminum and hard black anodized for rugged durability.
- The axle ends are stainless steel, which allow for mounting of the trailer.
- No special tools required.
- Please note: This axle does not come with specific adapters for your trailer. You will need to purchase M10x1 nuts specific to your trailer separately.
- Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world.
Need more information about how our axles work?
- Review our instructions.
- Watch our how-to videos.
- Visit our FAQs page.
- View our Warranty & Returns page.
Eric (verified owner) –
I picked one of these up for my Kona Wo fat bike. Primarily I tow a Chariot kid trailer, but wanted the yoke option for future towing endeavours like sleds in winter and larger custom trailers. The Axle Finder worked perfectly, and customer support was great. This just replaced the basic axle in seconds and works great. Really happy with the purchasing experience, and the final product.
Andrew BikeGuide (verified owner) –
I bought this axle for my wife’s Borealis Crestone fat bike as it doesn’t have any mounting eyelets and it is a carbon fibre frame so it is preferable to carry the weight of a rack on the axle.
The axle was easy to fit, with clear instructions. A characteristic of the Crestone frame is that there needs to be a washer on the drive side in order to retain the derailleur hanger. A large washer was provided in the fit kit.
Robert Axle customer service was excellent in confirming the requires for the Crestone before I purchased it and advised me exactly which lock nuts to request in order to be able to mount the rear rack (and lock the rack tabs in place). The axle is well made with very robust mounting tabs for a rack.
All in all it was an easy process and the axle and now the Axiom Fatliner rack is firmly attached to her bike.
James B (verified owner) –
I bought this axle to attach a one wheel trailer to my quietkat ridge runner.
The product is great, very well made.
Best of all the customer service was excellent. I had some uncertainty if I had the order correct. The team was great in that they got in touch and insured I the right axle on order.