Yoke Mount Trailer: 12mm x 159-165mm x 1.5 thread
If you are the DIY type or the heavy trailer user, you might need our Yoke Mount Axle. The Yoke Mount axle has M10 x 1 threaded studs on each side for attachment of a two sided trailer. This axle is compatible with the Extrawheel trailer, Surly Bill, Surly Ted and other not-so-common trailers.
The Yoke Mount Axle does NOT work with a BOB Trailer – see our BOB Trailer Axles here. And sorry, but we do not fit the Topeak trailers.
Our Yoke Mount thru-axles are for trailers that attach at both sides of the wheel. Extrawheel and the Surly Bill or Surly Ted are trailers that would be used with our Yoke Mount Axles. This axle is NOT for a BOB Trailer – see our BOB Trailer axles – and sorry, but we do not have an axle for a Topeak trailer.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel acetate, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
The Yoke Mount thru axle replaces your stock axle with an axle that has M10 x 1 threaded studs on each ends.
- Compatible with the Surly Bill, Surly Ted and Extrawheel trailer.
- The diameter of this axle is 12 mm and the true length of the axle shaft is 165 mm. Spacers included for a 162 mm or 159 mm fitment. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×148 hub does not equal a 148 mm long axle.
- This axle has a 1.5 mm thread pitch.
- Weight: TBD
- The axle shaft and axle end are precision CNC machined.
- The axle shaft is 7075 aluminum and hard black anodized for rugged durability.
- The axle ends are stainless steel, which allow for mounting of the trailer.
- No special tools required.
- Please note: This axle does not come with specific adapters for your trailer. You will need to purchase M10x1 nuts specific to your trailer separately.
Designed, built and quality tested in the USA. Proven around the world
Need more information about how our axles work?
- Review our instructions.
- Watch our how-to videos.
- Visit our FAQs page.
- View our Warranty & Returns page.
David McCook (verified owner) –
Thanks for the incredibly quick shipping around the world. Unfortunately, the bike I got this for is 600km away and I can’t get it until this &*^%$#@!! pandemic is over!
Charlie Cler (verified owner) –
Worked great on my Giant brand bike with 142×12 axle. I used it to add a panier rack to my bike. Axiom makes racks that mount to the axle extensions. Axle thread was an unusual M10x1.0, but I found nuts online.
Neville (verified owner) –
I bought this axle for my Giant Contend SL to pull a trailer, Pro Series single wheel.
The axle fits perfectly and easy to attach.
Only issue is the threaded outer spindles were just, just too short. It made it very difficult to attach the trailer and secure with the M10 nut
( found easily enough at a specialist bolt and nut store. )
If only the extensions were a little wider.
I will have to think of a way to attach safely.
Jason (verified owner) –
Great piece of hardware. My bike didn’t come with provisions for a rack mount and this solved that.